|First appearance||Page 1|
|Full name||Din Duvent|
|Affiliation||Evenheim Court (defunct)(presumed)|
|Family||Alban Duvent (father), deceased; Aurelia Duvent (mother), deceased; Pascal Boisselont (half-brother), alive|
|Significant Other||Cornelius Rhode|
|“||I have yet to find the limits of a sufficiently-determined Magician.||”|
Din dresses sharply and seems to put a lot of weight into appearances. He is athletic and tall (the tallest in the cast) with wavy/curly black hair and green eyes. He has the sigil of Evenheim on his right shoulder.
Din is the son of the guildmaster of the former Iridesan Magician's Guild, Alban Duvent. After the fall of the Magician's Guild in 1095 AV, Din and his mother Aurelia moved to Cymaria where Aurelia took work as an unlicensed doctor. Din joined his mother's medical practice until her death in 1103.
Little is known about the seventeen years since.
As a Magician, Din is able to cast magic when given a command requiring its use. Most notably, he is capable defensively in putting up stone walls to block opposing magic, or in large-scale construction (e.g. the bridge.)
- Protect Conan. (Presumed, exact wording unknown, Nobleman unknown)
- Do not deafen yourself or others. (Presumed, exact wording unknown, Nobleman unknown)
- "Pick out a horse." (Conan, page 11)
- "You need my help. So tell me why." (Conan, Page 22)
- "Take us to Evenheim." (Conan, page 24)
- "Tell me what's going on." (Conan, page 42)
- "Now turn around so I can get dressed." (Conan, page 46)
- "Cut it out." (Conan, page 61)
- "Make a bridge." (Conan, page 62)
- "Let me think." (Conan, page 107)
- "Drop the wall...and duck!" (Conan, page 108)
- "Tell me why you're taking me to Cymaria." (Conan, page 100. Conan was holding Arcein's Ignorance at the time.)
Pascal is Din's younger half-brother. They share a mother, and Pascal's father is Din's stepfather who left shortly after Pascal was born. Din has been Pascal's caretaker for much of their lives and wants nothing more than to protect him.
Din met the Alchemist Guildmaster in Cymaria. They dated for six years, until Din broke off their relationship via letter with the intent of protecting Cornelius from any fallout from Din's treason against the Cymarian monarchy.
- Din smoked between the ages of 22-28, but dropped it at Cornelius's prompting.